ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES – MEIDAM
You are invited to submit an abstract for the Sixth Middle East International Dermatology & Aesthetic Medicine Conference & Exhibition, to be held on 23 – 25 September 2021, at the Event Centre, Dubai Festival City in Dubai, The United Arab Emirates.
To submit an abstract, please read all of the instructions below:
Abstract submission deadline: 31 July 2021 – 11:59 PM.
Notification on Acceptance/Rejection: 15 August – 11:59 PM.
Please note that only electronic submissions are accepted.
All abstracts must be submitted in English using the online submission form on the MEIDAM website.
- Abstracts are required for all presentations.
- Abstracts must be submitted maximum by 31 July 2021 (23:59 GMT).
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing. It is possible to withdraw an abstract 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- If selected, it is the responsibility of the presenter to bear his travel and accommodation expenses.
Presenting Author and Registration
- Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
- Disclosure: Abstract submitter and presenter are required to disclose any conflict of interest.
- Ensure that all co-authors approve the abstract submission, publication, and potential presentation.
- All approved presenters will be registered to the conference.
- Abstract submitters must consent to the Policies of Abstract Submission.
- Scientific committee reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific program that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance.
Contents of your abstract
- Original works and Case Reports about Dermatology & Aesthetic Medicine will be accepted.
- The abstract text body is limited to 3,000 characters (Approx. 500 words) including spaces. (Please do not include the title and the author’s information in the text body (names and affiliations), this information will be required in the web form)
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Write the abstract title in CAPITAL LETTERS. No full stop at the end.
- There are no limitations on the number of abstracts that an individual can submit. However, one individual can only present a maximum of 2 abstract (independent of the format) during the entire conference. If you have more than 2 abstracts accepted, you will be obliged to identify alternate presenters for any abstract above the first two.
- The abstract must include the following:
Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract.
Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations.
Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online
- Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.
- Use of brand names for all references to products or companies, generic names must be used. The brand name can be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page. Papers containing brand names/company names in the abstract text (i.e. not in a reference at the bottom of the page) may be rejected for this reason only. Conference scientific committee reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name without further notice.
- Images that are uploaded to follow the abstract are not guaranteed inclusion in the conference materials.